Basspro*

Default Red Eye bearing buddies in sal****er environment

Hi, I recently replaced my bearings, races, and seals on my boat
trailer. I also trashed the bearing buddies that were on there due to
faulty leaking and such and replaced them with Red Eye bearing
buddies. I noticed Bill Dance is on the front of the box that these
come in and wonder about using these in sal****er. I would think
they'd be fine but need some other opinions. I use my boat in
sal****er 99% of the time. Rarely do I fish a freshwater lake.
William G. Andersen

I've had one Red Eye on my trailer for two years and when I recently had the
bearings repacked while on vacation, they said the bearings were fine. I had
the original Fulton Bearing Buddy on the other wheel - a few of the bearings
were beginning to show wear, so they were replaced.
The trailer's six years old, I've been using it at least two days a week for
salt water boating the last year, before that my boating was about 50/50
fresh water and salt water from five to 15 days a month.
I give the bearings a shot of grease about once a month. I think the first
Bearing Buddy failed because I put too much grease in it, forcing the rear
seal to leak. I like Bearing Buddies because I can see the spring mechanism
move; the Red Eye hasn't moved since I first installed it.

om...