Honest Steve

Default Marathon Marine Boats, Mercury Sportjet any opinions?

I'm looking at selling my current boat, 27' baja style, and getting a
Marathon Marine aluminum hull jet boat. Does anybody have any ideas about
the general build quality from this company? After a few fiberglass repairs
I'm ready to have a boat I can beach anywhere. I haven't decided which
style yet but I'm considering either twin Mercury Sportjet 175s or a single
240hp Sportjet as power options. Any opinions on these motors would also be
helpful.

Thanks
Steve

Calif Bill

"Honest Steve" wrote in message
I'm looking at selling my current boat, 27' baja style, and getting a
Marathon Marine aluminum hull jet boat. Does anybody have any ideas about
the general build quality from this company? After a few fiberglass

repairs
I'm ready to have a boat I can beach anywhere. I haven't decided which
style yet but I'm considering either twin Mercury Sportjet 175s or a

single
240hp Sportjet as power options. Any opinions on these motors would also

be
helpful.

Thanks
Steve

Why go with the Sportjet? Especially twins. Get a 350 MPI powered jet
boat, a 22'er will do in the 40-50 mph range depending on jet drive. More
Power? 454-510 CID! I think most of the Sportjets are on the 18' and under
boats. As to Marathon, do not know the quality of the boat, but all of the
aluminum jetboats I have seen have been top quality. Bill

Dan Williams

Steve, did you buy a boat?
I am two hours east of Edmonton Alberta and bought a Kenferm.
Some pics are here if interested:
http://www.willcraft.com/gallery/vie...mName=JetBoats
I did go with the 350 (carbeurated) and love it. Had the sportjet 240
before, and it sucked.
Dan