KLC Lewis KLC Lewis is offline

Default Kettle to boil water

wrote in message
When I had diesel engine problem I bough a 12 v, 700 cranking amps, 22 Ah,
20 pounds mobile power pack at Canadian Tires.
It works fine to start an engine and to operate a radar and GPS when the
main batteries are dead.
I wonder if I can use this Power Pack to operate the Hot Shot's boiler?
Using an estimated wattage consumption of 9 watts for a radio or dept
finder it will last approx. 24 hours. They say for 110v power an inverter
is needed. As an example they say a 100 watts light will last an
estimated 2 hours. This power pack is rechargeable using a 12 volts
receptacle. The continuous charging time is normally 24 - 72 hours. Well
by the looks of it this power pack may only be good for emergency.
Plugging the inverter directly into the 12 volt circuit system appears to
be the best way to do it. Or the power pack could be connected to the
boat electrical system on a permanent basis?

Most likely, the power pack is NOT a deep cycle battery, and would suffer
greatly from being drawn down that much. Its purpose is to provide a short
burst of power to start your engine, and ONLY that. If you want to go
electric with another battery, you'd be much better served by adding another
deep cycle battery, 100 or more amp hours, to your house bank.