Tim Tim is offline

Default cleaning lake scum from an aluminum pontoon

On Apr 12, 2:43*pm, Jack wrote:
On Apr 12, 3:28*pm, Tim wrote:

the tubes have some lake scum on them, Not green now, but dried on
from the winter,a nd really not that bad, but still stained from the
water lines. I'm not a fan of using muratic acid, but the stuff is
used in truck washes a lot or at least used to be. I don't know if
they're allowd to use it now or not.

anyone have any ideas on how to clean the aluminum safely? I do have a
power washer. But what ever I use, I'd like to keep it fromspraying on
the interior, unless it's safe for the vinyl apholstry.

I've used a pressure washer to clean the scum off the toons, but they
are usually still stained, and they will not get any cleaner without
some effort. *I've heard of people mechanically buffing them, but I've
never tried that. *There is a product called Toon-brite that is
basically an acid that you spray on, then hose off, that is supposed
to work well.

I've had the dealer clean mine a few times. *They use the acid method,
and they come back looking like new. *They have the forklift and
safety equipment to do it properly, but they don't mind charging for
it.

Understood, Jack. and thank you very much.

Once it's clean it will be staying clean because I won''t let it sit
in for a period of time. I'll be launched and retrieved in a matter of
a couple of days at the most. I'll be using it mostly a day at a time.