hk hk is offline

Default Another boating hazard

On 5/3/10 10:35 AM, Frogwatch wrote:
Poison ivy. On a canoe trip Sunday to Dry Creek near Marianna, FL
which was at flood level, the water was flowing thru the trees
carrying our canoes under numerous vines. I must not have managed to
wash all the oil off because this morning my neck is breaking out and
my shoulders feel it too.
Unfortunately, this is the only thing to which I am extremely
allergic. As a kid, we'd get it so bad we looked as if we had severe
burns all over us. The only remedy was cold spring water.
This reminds me of the remedy for stinging nettles. As kids, we'd
never wear shoes and would get our feet covered with nettle welts.
The remedy for that was to immerse our feet into hot sand heated by
the sun.

I thought you were sailing that floating disaster of yours to the Bahamas?

--
The Tea Party's teabaggers are just the Republican base by another name.