[email protected] PhantMan@nospam.invalid is offline

Default The Suzuki DF2.5 HP

Jay,
At the risk of getting caught up in the back and forth between you and
Salty (and by the way I haven't even read that whole sub thread. It
just looked like it was going nowhere) let me take a shot at
explaining wherein the miscommunication lies.
Using your automobile example. If you drive a car that has an overheat
light on the dash and it intermittently turns itself on when actually
the engine's water temp is at its normal level, that wouldn't mean
your engine is defective. It would mean your indicator light is
defective. Because it's designed to turn itself on only when the water
temp is too hot. That situation would be analogous to a telltale that
intermittently works when there's nothing wrong with the water pump.
You could never know for sure whether to believe it or not. That's not
to say there's anything wrong with your motor. It's saying the design
of the indicator is questionable.
HowEVER, if I understand correctly, from up thread somewhere, even
when you're not getting a steady stream of water from the tell-tale,
you're at least supposed to see a water spray as long as the water
pump is functioning. So as long as you can see the spray easily,
you've still got a reliable indicator. Maybe Salty didn't see the
"spray" explanation or maybe he's going under the assumption that the
spray isn't visible enough. -shug- I dunno. Frankly, I would have to
see the spray with my own two eyes to voice an opinion on that.
Anyhow, that's my 2 cents on the subject.
Rick

On Wed, 28 May 08, Jay wrote:
Okay, in an automobile, what device performs the do or die piece of
information to indicate that the car's water pump is working or not?
A temp gauge or red light? IOW, to say that the water pump is running
dry is also to say the motor is overheating, isn't it? Doesn't one
immediately lead to the other? Therefore, it would seem like all the
processes are really interconnected.

So you're saying the water coming out of the pee holes is not water
being released by the thermostat in the Suzuki DF2.5? Yes or no?

Just my attempt at "simple logic" as stated by the previous
author. *Am I way off here in this stab at deductive reasoning?

Yes. You couldn't be further off if you knew everything about engines and were
deliberately making up a fairy tale.

But didn't you think it was an interesting fairy tale? Finally, if
this Suzuki outboard of mine runs for several years with water only
INTERMITTENTLY coming out of the "pee" holes and it never overheats,
will you still cling to the notion that it's a defective piece of
equipment? IOW, will you argue and continue to denigrate
a successful and non-defective outboard motor design?

Finally, is the goat that is sacrificed at the altar of the pee
hole required to be a virgin nanny? lol

-Jay
(still sorting all of this out)