Bill[_7_] Bill[_7_] is offline

Default American tallship The Eagle- !!!index-001.JPG (1/1)

In article ,
"Bouler" wrote:

"joevan" schreef in bericht

Great pictures! Shows how well outfitted the ship is.

What is the mountain in the background of your index?

I don't know, I thought it was a nice picture for the background.

Could it be the Materhorn, sure looks like it.

I think you're right joevan, here is the Matterhorn.

I don't think it is the same shape. The mountain in Bouler's background
has more of a shoulder below the peak, and has some jagged secondary
peaks lower down that are not evident in the Matterhorn picture.

There are several alpine peaks that are of that general shape, but they
differ in detail.

At first I thought it might be the Meije, which is in the Ecrins Massif
of the Hautes Alpes in France, but I don't think it is.

Of course it all depends on the direction from which you are looking.
The appearance of any mountain changes greatly from one side to another.

Anyway, it's a beautiful picture of a great mountain, regardless of its
name.

--
Bill Collins
For email, change "fake" to "earthlink"