Steve

For many years, I have used dishwashing detergent to clean and lubricate my
marine head. First I use it when I do the routine cleaning and then, when
finished, I give it some extra in the final flush..

This has been especially effective when I'm going to leave the boat laid up
for a while.

My experience and opinion, FWIW.

Steve
s/v Good Intentions

"Alan Gomes" wrote in message
Here is a question for Peggy, or anyone else who may have some direct
experience with lubing a Groco HF head....

I would like to lube the pump in my Groco HF head with some Teflon grease.
Unless I am mistaken, it appears that the pump will have to be removed
entirely (from the base and the discharge elbow) in order to lube it. Is
there an easier way to do it on this particular pump that I'm not aware
of?

Thanks,
Alan Gomes