RW Salnick

Default Cleaning Hypalon dinghy?

Skip Gundlach wrote:
Some agreement points and amplification:

My dinghy service (also the life raft servicer on the free raft I gave away)
joint makes them look new by doing a thorough scrub with acetone and 3M
scrubbie-with-a-handle, followed by 303 protectant. I expect they also
first "clean" it - my most successful cleaner was Purple Power; Simple Green
has not proven itself to me, this included, in *any* environment, to be
superior to nearly anything else I've tried. My first scrub was SG, to
little avail; just spritzing on PP gave rivulets of added clean spots, and
the scrubbie made it white. However, without solvent level cleaning, and
sealing/protecting, it went back to chalky very quickly (months). Back to
the Acetone/303...

Amazing transformation; we'll do it on ours once we actually get close
enough to splashing for Lydia to join me on the boat. The usual avalanche
of photos will follow :{))

Thanks Skip - I will see if I can find this "Purple Power" locally. But
I think I will skip both the acetone and the 303, which I believe
contains a silicone oil of some kind...