Brian D

Default Wineglass Wherry

Well ...I'd rather cut lots of panels and fit them to temporary molds than
cut out permanent frames that end up in the boat. Due to cleaning and
drainage issue, and the muck that always ends up trapped everywhere, and the
time it takes to cut bevels on frames etc, I don't expect to build framed
boats for personal use anymore. If I recreate something beautiful and
traditional, then super, I'll do it. For daily use stuff, no way.
Stitch-n-tape boats clean out like hosing out a bathtub

Brian

--
My boat project: http://www.advantagecomposites.com/tongass

"Backyard Renegade" wrote in message
om...
"BB" wrote in message

Has anyone built or used the Wineglass Wherry offered by Pigmy Boats?
http://www.pygmyboats.com/mall/WGWSPECS.asp

It's an attractive design and light weight too.

Looking to build, just don't know what yet..........

Bill

Heard good things about their kits. Jelous of their CNC machine, ugh.
Anyway, as to the Wherry, I would probably build it from a kit, with
everything already cut out, but it always seemed like there were just
to many panels for S+T. What I mean is, if I were going to cut out
that many panels, I might just as well cut some frames to, cut the
panels out of plank, rivet them together, and make a "real"
boat...grin
Scotty from SmallBoats.com