Greg O

Default My motor - leaking oil near lower unit? (with photo)

"Robert 7" wrote in message
ogers.com...
Before winter, I replaced the lower unit oil and lubricated the propeller
shaft. Yesterday, I ran the motor for the first time this year for about

10
min (of course with a big bucket of water). and then stored the boat back
in the garage. Today, I saw there is oil on the floor!!! see attached
photo.

Looks like oil drippng from the exhaust to me. Keep an eye on it, my bet is
it will drip for a day or two then quit. If it contunues to drip, it could
be the shaft seal, but considering if it was gear lube the drips would be
cleaner.
My 115 Johnson drips like this too. first time I freaked a bit too, then
realized what it was.
Greg