Ron Magen

Default Bolger Diablo

I was thinking of using the 'regular' Diablo as a platform for a 'Mini-River
Patrol Boat' or 'Mini-Lobster Boat' for my wife.

Phil nixed the idea . . . would NOT be stable enough. He recommended the
'Grande'. Remember, in either case, a superstructure of some type would be
put on the hull. Therefore, for form stability, the CG would have to be
lowered. This indicates, to me, that lowering the 'floor/deck' should be no
problem.

Regards & Good Luck,
Ron Magen
Backyard Boatshop

"James W. Sloan" wrote in message
nk.net...
Sounds more like a flats boat setup from your description. I've never
studied the Grande plans, just the regular Diablo in Dynamite's book. It
should be simple enough to get the cockpit modified with a proper floor,

but
not for a first timer.

James Sloan
Saint Simons Island, GA