engsol

On Fri, 01 Jul 2005 07:44:29 -0400, Larry W4CSC wrote:

engsol wrote in
:

When I was a pup, I seem to recall toggle switches which had an
extra long threaded barrel for thicker panels.

How thick? The problem with toggle switches like this is inside that
barrel the other end of the toggle that moves the contacts gets longer as
the barrel gets longer, so it's hard to get one really long....which is why
marine switches with really long barrels are push-pull switches.

Larry,
Most boat panels I've seen are either 1/8" aluminum, in which case "normal"
toggle switches work fine, or they are like mine, made of 3/8" - 1/2" thick teak ply.

The problem with push-pull is that (to my knowledge) they don't come in a
on-off-mom style.
Norm B