Phil

Default My motor - leaking oil near lower unit? (with photo)

That looks like unburnt oil from the exhaust (which comes out of the prop
hub) leaking out between the prop and the lower unit. 2 stokes put out a
lot of unburnt oil while running in a bucket. Also, the oil looks dark
since it traverses the exhaust system. Don't worry.....

"Robert 7" wrote in message
ogers.com...
Before winter, I replaced the lower unit oil and lubricated the propeller
shaft. Yesterday, I ran the motor for the first time this year for about

10
min (of course with a big bucket of water). and then stored the boat back
in the garage. Today, I saw there is oil on the floor!!! see attached
photo.

I examined the lower unit drain plug, the oil wasn't leaking from there.
Instead, it leaked from the red arrow shown in the photo. Is that normal?
Was that because I pumped too much lower unit oil in winter time?? or

should
I get a professional marina to take a look? Help... The motor is a
Mercury 15 HP, 2 cycle.

Here is the photo I took today:
http://members.rogers.com/londonboy/...ak/leaking.jpg

Help...