John/Charleston

Default Commercial kayak storage rack design

I'm slated to build a kayak rack for a local resort and while we've
come up with a simple design that should be workable, I thought I'd
ask for ideas from anyone who's already thought this out. The rack
would need to store 30 or so boats of various styles. The current
plan is just a simple 20' long x 8' deep stand of 4x4's with
galvanized pipe crossbars to create bins. The pipes would be covered
with short cuts of pvc piping to give a roller effect as the kayaks
were being slid on/off the rack.
I am a carpenter and I have the building sense needed to make this
work well, I'm just looking for design tips that would be useful/fun
to incorporate.

Pics of existing systems would be great too!

Thanks,
John