[email protected] darenmagness@gmail.com is offline

Default Reluctantly selling our Nimble Nomad Pocket Trawler

On Saturday, July 5, 2008 3:24:38 PM UTC-4, EBL wrote:
Asking $28,000 for our 2000 Nimble Nomad Pocket Trawler with a Honda
50 HP 4-stroke Gas outboard located in Galena, Maryland

Details 2000 Nimble Nomad Trawler Tropical Edition with 2000 Honda 50
HP 4-
stroke (only 180 hours), Length: 24.7 feet Beam: 8.0 feet; 2001
Performance Trailer.

ECONOMICAL CRUISING: This is a great boat for exploring coves and
rivers in bays, rivers, and lakes. Draft is ONLY 16 inches. The boat
cruises at about 6 knots comfortably, and will go about 8 knots if you
push it. Fuel consumption: we use more water than fuel. The Cruise
USA website (www.cruise-usa.com) says that Nimble Nomads typically use
about 0.75 gallons per hour at 7.5 mph.

The boat is located in a covered garage on the mid-Chesapeake bay
(approximately 1/2 way between Baltimore and Washington DC).

More Details: Booth seating interior arrangement. Comes with AC and
DC electrical, VHF radio, solar vent in head, autopilot, pressurized
water system with sink in countertop and hand-held sprayer in the
front cockpit (can add hot water, but we generally used a SunShower
when we wanted hot water), teak cup and binoc holder, swivel seats,
shore power cord, rope ladder, steel ladder, large fenders, cooler/
step, 2 life vests, flares, signalling light (12v), manual horn,
Fortress anchor, chain rode, and long line, 8 dockllines, very thick
cabin foam seating (upgrade from standard cushions), custom closed
foam cockpit cushions, binoculars, Heller 12v fan, portable stove,
first aid kit, enclosed separate head with marine head and holding
tank, Performance trailer with brakes (the weight of the boat is 2450
lbs. We towed with a Toyota Tundra).

Comfort cruising: This boat is very comfortable for 2 adults. It's
supposed to be able to sleep a third adult on a narrow bench bunk on
the starboard side, and a kid in the front, but I think mostly couples
sleep on the boat (we have a diagram showing how to modify the double
and single bunk to make a large bed), and sometimes people have a
small child. The headroom is quite ample (6-7 ft throughout the
cabin), so it feels quite spacious.

History of boat: maintained according to recommendations by
manufacturer of the various parts. No mishaps, accidents, groundings,
etc. Only maintenence issue is that head needs lubrication.

You can find out more information about Nimble Nomads and see more
photos on the Nimble Yahoo Group, or at the manufacturer's website
(with a link to an article about Nomads). Also check out the site for
cruise-usa.com, which charters Nimbles on the NY canal system.

http://www.nimbleboat.net/
http://www.nimbleboatowners.org/
www.cruise-usa.com

If interested, contact