Matt Lang

I don't know much about Mercs, I'll be honest, but it would seem to me
that spraying down the cylinders with fogging oil, changing the gear
oil, greasing up the prop shaft, checking for seal damage (if you have
a pressure tester or access to one), changing the fuel/water separator
filter and changing plugs should just about take care of the
winterization process.

Yeah but the merc guy keeps (!) INSISTING not to use fogging oil ...
thats what I dont get ..

Gear/stator oil .. yep .. although its a jetdrive but same idea here.

Impeller shaft .. yep ... I will splurge mercs best on that!

seal damage .. nope ... no stupid seals on this thing

water/air/fuel filter ... yep ... will implant brand new ones

plugs ... nope ... they are good for 100 hours ... good, coz there is
NO more expensive plug to be found on this planet and they are a
little hard to get out

I'd do my own FICHTS, but they are a little more complicated to do and
I'd rather berate a dealer for making a mistake than swearing at
myself for doing the same. :)

I hear FICHTS selfdestruct anyways ... hahahah just teasing you

Why dont you do the fichts? should be the same procedure, although i
am sure they dont want fogging oil in them either ...

Matt