Bill Kiene

Default Dry compression test Ok -wet not so good. Rebuild???

I think I understand. I will try that next time.

Thanks Gene.

--
Bill Kiene

Kiene's Fly Shop
Sacramento, CA
www.kiene.com

"Gene Kearns" wrote in message
On Tue, 09 Sep 2003 04:25:08 GMT, "Bill Kiene"
wrote:

Hi Tom,

I have been working on reciprocating engines for over 40 years as a

hobby.
My grandfather, father and uncle were professionally trained mechanics. I
have taken lots of compression tests in my day but have never heard of a
"wet test"? If you have 150# in all 6 cylinders and it is not burning oil
and goes pretty good, I don't think I would rebuild it unless you are

going
to do a real high-end rebuild or a brand new motor.

Ever squirt a teaspoon or two of oil in a cylinder to sort out ring
problems from valve problems? The rings are wet......

--

Grady-White Gulfstream, out of Southport, NC.

http://myworkshop.idleplay.net/cavern/

Homepage
http://www.southharbourvillage.com/directions.asp Where

Southport,NC is located.