trainfan1 trainfan1 is offline

Default finding Mariner engine year from serial number

MMC wrote:
"trainfan1" wrote in message
et...
joe smith wrote:
I have an old (I think 80s) 2hp Mariner motor for pushing around my dink.
I'm trying to ID the year so that I can get the right carb rebuild kit.
Our local parts place could identify the motor with the software they
have? I thought this was weird since the place I used to use for OMC
parts could tell me all about the motor using the serial number.
Could any of you gentlemen lead me in the right direction?
Thanks, MMC.

Post the model & serial # and I will check it out for you.

Rob

"Mariner 2M 6A1 052461"
Thanks a lot Rob!

Carry your outboard into a Yamaha dealer... that's about as close as I
can get. This was made in the Japanese years and they should be able to
help you.

Rob