Ed Edelenbos

Default Resin Injection into soft wood

"P.C. Ford" wrote in message
On Mon, 10 Oct 2005 07:07:49 -0400, "Ed Edelenbos"
wrote:

Whadya want? Names and adresses so you can go check? The statement
"Unless
the part is reinforced with carefully aligned glass fiber it will not be
up
to the task." is a stupid statement to make. What task? I know repairs
that are 25 years old which are still up to the task... They are in
various
places where it is crucial and the repairs hold up even under the harshest
weather and water conditions. I still say the statement is rediculous.
Sheesh... boatwright? Do you ever take those boats out? Do you have any
experience on the water?

Why yes I do. On sail and power. Do you have any experience restoring
boats?

Why yes I do. Both sail and power. Woodworking and fiberglass. Using hand
tools and power tools. If you count my dads boats that were the first I
worked on, it has been over 40 years. Do I get a prize or something?

You have swallowed boatshow handout propaganda whole. That's "stupid"
and "rediculous".....to use your words.

Ok... explain how I have done so. I haven't been to a boatshow in over 15
years. I'm talking real boats and real repairs. On Chesapeake Bay work
boats, no less. Boats that go out at least 300 days a year.

To say that a given repair method (especially the one being discussed) is
"not up to the task" is utter bull****. It implies that a given method is
not suited for any task. Do you believe this? Who is being rediculous? It
ain't me.

Ed