Gould 0738

Default Opinions on a 1987 Wellcraft Monte Carlo 28'

I looked the boat up for you in the Powerboat Guide. Here is what they had to
say:

"Dramatic styling (for the late 1980's), an affordable price tag, and a roomy
mid cabin floorplan made the 2800 Monte Carlo one of teh more popular models in
the
Wellcraft fleet a few years back. Hull construction is solid fiberglass

((that's a good thing))

and she rides on a conventional modified-V bottom with moderate ((16 degree))
deadrise at the transom.

((more emphasis on planing than on rough water capability....not a surprise-
looking at the boat))

The liberal hull graphics

((I *knew* there was a reason the boat was so appealing))

are the most distinguishing feature of the Monte Carlo. Below, there are
overnight accomodations for up to six

(("up to" in boat speak means that four is probably more realistic))

The absence of interior bulkheads

((oops. make sure the hull hasn't tweaked))

results in a wide-open cabin with privacy curtains fore and aft, a compact
galley

((compact galley in boatspeak means it's a one-butt situation precluding
culinary togetherness))

and a stand-up head with shower.

((good thing, no crouching over a porta-potti in a cuddy cabin))

The aft-cabin has near-standing headroom as well

((full standing if you're a jockey))

-unusual in such a small boat.

The cockpit is large enough for several guests and includes molded steps port
and starboard, a transom cut out, a double-wide helm seat, and removable bench
seating at the transom

((some people like to get the aft seat out of the boat if fishing over the
transom))

A radar arch was optional.

Twin 260-HP stern drives cruise the 2800 Monte Carlo at an easy 25 knots and
can deliver a 35-knot top speed.