DSK

Jason wrote:
I am considering adding a roller furler to my C&C 27. I mostly cruise on
inland lakes, and Lake Ontario. The flexible foil of the CDI looks like it
may be an advantage for me since I make an annual trip through the Erie
Canal (NY Barge canal) and I'm concerned that an aluminum extrusion may get
damaged.

Does anyone have any thing good or bad to say about the CDI furlers? Should
I consider others?

CDI is definitely the most bang for the buck. We had one for ten years
and it was basically as good as new when we sold the boat. If you're
going to take the mast down on a regular basis, it's a good choice.

One issue is the straightening of the foil extrusion. These things are a
PITA to get straightened and they will not (contrary to much advice I
heard just before installing ours) 'self-straighten' on the rig.

Fresh Breezes- Doug King