gltlwlelilslslsl

Default Flushing the Mercruiser

Hi all. I take the flush one step futher by flushing in the water with a
water muff. I welded a rod and handle to my muff type flusher. With this I
can reach down and slide the muff onto the leg[with the watrer hose
attached] , turn on the water annd start the engine. The positive pressure
from the hose displaces the salt water . I keep my rawwater cooled boat in
the salt for about 8 months a year ,and using this method, I have the
original 15 year old manifolds on the boat. I did replace the risers a
couple of years ago, but they actually were still ok.I run a 260 hp merc
alpha 1. cheers

"Rich" wrote in message
. com...
Thanks for the replys fellas. Guess I'll stick with the muffs....

Rich

"Rich" wrote in message
. com...
I'm fairly new to motor boats, we now have a Mercruiser 5.0, operated in
sal****er only. Is there a better way to flush other than the "ears"

over
the outdrive? I thought at one time there was some kind of setup to

flush
the motor without running it, anyone know for sure?

TIA
Rich