Capt Frank Hopkins

Default Flushing the Mercruiser

Flushing with earmuffs is the best and most throuugh method. Some guys
will drop their drive into a "horse trough" flushing tub and actually run
the drive in gear. All I can see this does is re-circulate the brine water.

Since you are running in salt water be sure to replace your manifolds and
risers every 2 or 3 years. If these fail, you will need to replace the
entire engine at 4 or 5 grand.
--
Capt. Frank

__c
\ _ | \_
__\_| oooo \_____
~~~~|______________/ ~~~~~
www.home.earthlink.net/~aartworks
"Rich" wrote in message
. com...
I'm fairly new to motor boats, we now have a Mercruiser 5.0, operated in
sal****er only. Is there a better way to flush other than the "ears"

over
the outdrive? I thought at one time there was some kind of setup to

flush
the motor without running it, anyone know for sure?

TIA
Rich