Lloyd Sumpter

Default Flushing the Mercruiser

On Sun, 15 Feb 2004 16:04:07 +0000, Rich wrote:

I'm fairly new to motor boats, we now have a Mercruiser 5.0, operated in
sal****er only. Is there a better way to flush other than the "ears" over the
outdrive? I thought at one time there was some kind of setup to flush the motor
without running it, anyone know for sure?

TIA
Rich

If you're running in salt water, you should REALLY have FWC (ie a heat
exchanger, so the engine is cooled with coolant (antifreeze/water) and the
coolant is cooled with the salt water. If you have this, I don't think there's a
big need for flushing. If not, get it!

Lloyd Sumpter
"Far Cove" Catalina 36 - new engine, FWC