Matt Lang

Short Wave Sportfishing wrote in message . ..
On Thu, 11 Nov 2004 12:13:13 GMT, "Billgran"
wrote:

Optimax winterizing

Right in the manual - spray liberal amount of storage fogging oil into
the air baffles, remove the plugs and spray fogging oil into the
cylinders.

Merc has published a bulletin a while back and now recommends NOT using a
fogging oil, as it is made to stay tacky and it can make the Optimax
injectors stick. They now recommend using TC-W3 oil as a fogging oil.

Hey Bill - long time.

There you go Matt - the answer.

Later,

Tom

Yeah, this is consistant with what I found out. Just called Merc. They
say even little bits of fogging will kill the injectors...

Apparently for the 3l optimax the winterizing asks to put DFI oil in
the cylinder... Merc guy said that would be good for my 2.5l.
Probably even better than running oil through the injectors from a
fuel-oil mix

Matt