NE Sailboat NE Sailboat is offline

Default can you dye a sail?

I have no idea if this will work ... but if it does :::::::::: Tie-dye!

"ray lunder" wrote in message
Ahoy, I have brown Tanbark sails but I'm getting a new foresail to go
on my newly fitted bowsprit. As I can't afford a new Tanbark sail I
was told I could match my existing color scheme by taking an old white
sail and dying it with Mahogany wood stain of some sort and it would
last about 25 years. (the color anyway). This is from people who made
sails for a living but they are no longer in the area. Has anyone
tried this and if so what kind of stain did you use?
Thanks again,
All-the-way-Ray.