JAXAshby

Default can I convert a long shaft small outboard to short shaft

if there is a very noticeable 5" extension above the cavitation plate, then you
need only to buy a short driveshaft, take the unit apart, remove the water line
extension, the gear shirt extension, install the short driveshaft and put the
thing back together. If you particular engine does not have that very
noticeable 5" extension then you need to sell the engine and get an engine
right for your boat.

"mike" wrote in message
. com...
I have a 1986 johnson 25 hp outboard. I was wondering if its posible
to change it to a short shaft? I do not think the long shaft is gonna
work for a small fishing boat. It was an emergency motor on a larger
boat. Thanks Mike