Tim Tim is offline

Default Getting a pontoon boat to plane

On Nov 1, 10:47*am, Wayne.B wrote:
On Mon, 1 Nov 2010 08:15:54 -0700 (PDT), Frogwatch

wrote:
He does have one of those
Dol-Fin things on the motor but I think he needs more planing surface
along the pontoons.

How is the running attitude - level, bow down, stern down? *What about
the size of the wake? * If he's throwing a big wake and plowing a lot
of water, he may need more power to get it on top. * 90 hp is not much
power for a boat that size. * Many guys are running 90 hp on much
smaller pontoons.

We have some really big pontoons around here, 50 to 60 ft, used for
running tours. * They usually have a pair of 200s or more.

I was gonna say. 90 hp on a 34' loaded w/ people on the bow end?

it seems a chore for my 30' with an old 85 hp 2-stroke. But I can't
imagine that rig.

Mine sucks gas, too, so Frog's friend shouldn't feel too bad. Yeah,
he needs twins or a conversion.