tom[_3_] tom[_3_] is offline

Default lovely 27' Coronado sailboat

On Mar 28, 6:51*am, wrote:
On Sat, 27 Mar 2010 19:33:14 -0700 (PDT), Joe

wrote:
On Mar 27, 8:13*pm, WaIIy wrote:
On Sat, 27 Mar 2010 17:39:14 -0700 (PDT), Ethical Seo

wrote:
Hello,

Unfortunately for me, but lucky for you, I need to sell my lovely 27'
Coronado sailboat. She's really a beautiful boat, with a VHF radio,
stove, icebox, head, galley, can sleep 5, and lots more!

Please take a look, she's currently on eBay with pictures and a long
description, hehttp://bit.ly/dAOa1O

Thanks a lot!

DaemonNite

That must be the wrong url. *I didn't see any beautiful boat.

I agree, but " beauty is in the eye of the beholder".

Looks like a good cheap starter boat. Something to give to kids to
play with on the bay or lake on an afternoon...if it's a nice safe
sunny day. On a scale of 1 - 10 rating day sailors I'd say it's a
solid 3.

Joe

The atomic doesn't run according to the seller.

To remove the atomic and fit a bracket and outboard, you are probably
looking at $4000+

Sails for a 27 foot boat? $3-4K

The boat will never be worth what it would cost in the first year of
ownership.

If someone only has $2k to spend on a boat, they can't remotely afford
this one.

The numbers on this boat probably wouldn't work if it was FREE.

Once you spent all that money to staraighten it out, you would still
have a very hard to resell CORONADO.

If you found a Catalina 27 in similar condition, you might have a
whisper of a prayer because of their popularity.

What do you think I should offer for this one? http://tucson.craigslist.org/boa/1647380942.html
The guy who's selling it seems to think there's lead in that thar
6,500# keel, and wants that scrap metal price figured into his asking
price. I haven't told him that it's an iron keel, yet. Needs a total
re-fit. Standing rigging, mast and boom are present, and I think it
might keep me busy for a couple years. Tom