Default Resin Injection into soft wood

I have been reading about a process of restoring rotten wood by soaking
resin into the wood making it as good as new or better.

I am not an expert in this area. I just read a publication from West
System about making minor and major repairs on fiberglass boats. It
mentioned about methods of restoring wooden elements in a fiberglass
boat. Their suggestion is to warm the wooden part and the mixed epoxy
to allow the epoxy to flow better and deep into the wooden element.

Nevertheless, they still recommend people to replace the wooden element
instead of using epoxy to "fix" it under some situations (I don't
remember what the situations are; I "guess" something like too many
areas need to be repaired or the area is a critical structural
element). You may want to get a copy of that publication for $3 (I
bought mine from West Marine) to see what they have recommended. West
System makes money by selling epoxy. If they ask people to replace the
wood (under some situations) instead of using their products, I would
think that they are onto something.

Jay Chan