Matt Lang

Default How do you winterize an Optimax motor?

Guys,

I have a 200 HP Optimax sportjet, the thing has the 2.5l block. The
time will come to winterize this thing. The manual says to put the
following in the fuel filter:

- DFI oil
- Merc Quickleen
- Merc Fuel stabilizer

The funny thing is that they DO NOT sell Quickleen (in Canada), so
what is the optimax owner supposed to do?

One dealer said to just prime the oil pump and hope the best, another
to spray fogging oil in the cylinders. Another said it shouldnt hurt
to spray fogging oil in the airintake when it runs as the fogging
stuff wont get in the injectors.

Merc however warns about useing any fogging stuff on this motor.

I heard about optimax rusting internally over the winter, so I wonder
what Merc expects one to do? Any ideas how to winterize these things?

Matt