Boots Crofoot

Default "Porpoising"

this condition can be cause by a hook in the bottom. Check
it and make sure it does not have a hook in it.
"Doug Kanter" wrote in message

"harleyflh" wrote in message
I just got a New Tracker Grizzly 1860. I have a 60 HP

Mercury on it and
I'm having a problem getting it to plane off. It wants to

flop up and
come down hard on the water. The dealer says the motor

isn't getting
"under" the boat enough, which I don't doubt. My question

is, What is
the best way to solve this problem? The dealer says it's a

problem
inherant in flat bottom boats and hard to fix. Any help or

Information
would be appreciated!

I know nothing about remedies for this problem, but based on
what the first
two respondents said, you might want to give serious
consideration to the
idea of getting the dealer to take this boat back, and FAST,
before he calls
it "very used". To my way of thinking, a new boat should
ride the way you
want without having to hang all sorts of accessories on it.
Fine tuning is
one thing, but it sounds like your boat needs major surgery,
unless weight
adjustment does the trick. What other brands does the dealer
sell?

One thing you didn't mention is how many people were in the
boat when you
had problems with the ride. If the problem only exists when
you're in it
alone, try putting 100 lbs of sandbags up front. Tube sand
comes in bags
that are quite sturdy and easy to lift, something you'll
probably have to do
on days when you're going to have passengers.