[email protected] justwaitafrekinminute@gmail.com is offline
Senior Member

Default disposing of old fiberglass boat corpses

On Apr 21, 4:40 pm, Tim wrote:
I've got three old fiberglass boats that I've stripped out for parts.
right down to just about nothing but the hull. the ganks have been
removed. about anything salvageable has bee.

Now I don't want to cut them up with a chansaw and have fiberglass
enbedded in my skin, and I don't want to burn them. Even out in the
country, it's pretty toxic stuff, and the smoke billows like crazy.

I'm thinking on geting my neighbors backhoe and burying them. The
fiberglass probably won't rot or eons, but is there anything in the
chemestry of these things that can harm or pollute a water table? I
wish there was some practical way to re-cycle fiberglass, enough crap
goes to the local landfills as it is

thanks

AF chainsawed his, what a frekin mess, but it worked.