Backyard Renegade

Default Bolger Diablo

"James W. Sloan" wrote in message link.net...
Don't forget that there is a Diablo Grande plan as well. This might give you
a little more room along with some stability in bigger waters.

I think the problem with Diablo Grande is the interior design. the
boat is set up like a Bass platform, fully enclosed with a floor that
is only a few inches below the shear line. At the console you sit on
this "deck" with your feet down through a opening in the deck to the
bilge. Although the larger hull would indicate that it should be a
better boat in bigger water, I think it is really meant to be just a
wider, longer fishing platform. This is not as radical as it may
sound, and I have never built the boat or heard reports, but I never
liked the way the interior looked. If I used the hull shape, I would
redesign the structure of the interior to leave some floor space. I
like to stand down in a boat when fishing, not on top of it. Just my
personal preference, Scotty from SmallBoats.com