Curtis CCR

Default Boat insurance without a survey?

(Gould 0738) wrote in message ...
Yes
I have had 2 boats
they asked for an "in water" survey and I never got around to it

Was the request in writing?

Did you ever have a major claim?

That's just the type of missing link that
could cause denial of coverage.

"Yes, we accepted your $300 premium for 3 years, but your policy was predicated
on the condition that you would have an in the water survey. Now you have a
$20,000 claim? Here's your $900 back."

I don't know that they could do that if the policy is in force at the
time of the loss. They would have had to cancel the policy prior to
the loss to deny coverage. They may have done that - if this hadn't
got around to getting the survey, has he got around to reading the
cancellation notice he may have received.

The condition information I had to complete for reinstating the
insurance on my jet boat got lost on its way back to the insurer.
They sent a very clear cancellation notice to notify me that they had
not received it - but the coverage was in force until the effective
cancellation date/time on the notice.