Rob

Default Best paint system for bare steel hull?

Ameron Coatings are very highly regarded by a good number of
organisations. Have a look at www.metalboatsociety.com - lots of
discussion about painting steel vessels.
I am having a 22m steel replica luxemotor built in NL and despite my
suggestion to use Ameron Coatings, they are using
www.bernardoecenarro.com paints on the hull - a professional looking
matt black epoxy and De Ijssel coatings, www.doublecoat.nl, on the
decks and superstructure. Both are extremely hard wearing and still
look excellent on un-recoated 5 year old vessels. Preparation is the
key - including epoxy filling of all the weld seams - and the hull
will be in the paint shop for a month.

What is the best system these days for bare steel?
I have Colvin's book and he mentions Amerlock 400,
that was in 96 though. what's new, what's best?

Thanks,

Gil.