Scott_SS

Default Drain Plug at Intake Mainfold on 2005 Volvo Penta 4.3?

Hello all,

I just put my boat in winter storage locally, and wonder if I've missed
something during my winterization process.

My boat has a 2005 Volvo Penta 4.3GL (actually manufactured in September
of 2004, but at least the dealer claims its a 2005 on my 2005 Larson boat).

I drained the water from the engine per the instructions in the owners
manual for raw water cooled engines (I removed the drain plugs at the rear
of the exhaust manifolds and the sides of the engine block and disconnected
the hoses at the impeller housing and circulation pump).

Now that I've dropped my boat off for winter storage (naturally...), I
notice that also in the owners manual under the procedure for draining
closed cooling systems, there is an extra step for the 4.3GL where a drain
plug on the intake manifold needs to be removed as well.

I think I'm reasonably safe since my boat does not have a closed cooling
system, and the intake manifold drain is not mentioned under the procedure
for raw water cooling systems, but conversely I'm sure this manual was
originally written in Swedish and translated to English. I'd like to know
that my engine isn't sitting there rusting away right now (or worse, if
somehow their heating system fails over the winter, freezing and cracking an
engine).

Am I ok here, or do I need to worry that there is left over water sitting
in my engine?

Thanks for any help on this one,

Scott