posted to rec.boats.building
Bob

Default Putty: Crawford's or Dolphinite?

ray lunder wrote:

Yes, Bob, but I just removed some stuff from the 20th century and it
was effortless. The new stuff will be there in 2075, long after the
dolphins have gone. Besides, how do you get a uniform 1/8" spread of
anything working from your knees on an 8in wide deck with one hand on
a handrail? Sounds like a leaky proposition to me.
p.s. What are the correct applications for Dolphinite? What makes it
worth 5x the price of painters putty?

Hi Ray:

The short answere is, ,,,,,,, I use nickles for spacers that hold the
hardware off the deck. Then after the goo cures I torque the through
bolted and backed machine screws. Do a search here. There is lots of
excellent How-To advice on bedding deck hardware.
Bob
PS I would love not thinking about rebedding untill 2075.