Eisboch[_8_] Eisboch[_8_] is offline

Default Cost of keeping A 45 foot boat at a marina

"Gogarty" wrote in message

In article ,
says...

Can someone give me an idea, how much would it cost to keep a boat at
a marina year round (including winter storage). This should not
include variable costs like diesel fuel used for trips. Just the cost
of mooring and necessary maintenance. hanks

Where are you located?

When you look at the numbers others are tossing around I would wonder
why you would want such a large boat in the first place. We kept our
late 37-footer at a city-owned marina. The year-round cost came to
about
$100 per foot, or less than $4,000. Electricity was extra but based on
actual usage, under $20 per month.

Location is a very important aspect of the cost. In the northeast
marinas with slips large enough to accommodate a 45 footer aren't all
that abundant.
However in Florida slips for that size boat and larger are readily
available. Demand is part of the cost structure.