Richard Casady Richard Casady is offline

Default Suzuki DF4 vs. DF6 (or maybe another choice, the Tohatsu MFS4BS).

On Thu, 29 May 2008 19:56:20 -0700 (PDT), "
wrote:

The
smallest gasoline outboard I have at the moment is 6hp at 58lbs which
is fine for the skiff but too much weight for the canoe.

Being so narrow, a canoe is scary with a three if you turn up the
wick. With a square stern there is no weight problem with a five, but
it would be a killer. You would put a positive stop on the throttle if
you were smart. We have a one for the canoe.

Casady