posted to rec.boats.paddle
John Kuthe John Kuthe is offline

Default Youtube

On Nov 15, 6:03*am, Bob CP wrote:
John Kuthe wrote:
On Nov 14, 9:45 pm, Davej wrote:
On Nov 14, 8:41 am, John Kuthe wrote:

On Nov 14, 7:39 am, (Paul Tomblin) wrote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0A98MgTHCK8
I'm sorry Paul, but I would NEVER be caught in a boat on the water
without at least my PFD!
I see quite a few fla****er racers who don't wear PFDs during
training.

Too cool for PFDs, eh? Hope they never need one!

John Kuthe...

I confess that I'm not wearing a PFD in a couple of my technique videos.
* I rarely wear one doing a fla****er workout, especially in the summer..
* Nipple burn, you know. *Of course the section of river that I use is
only 75 ft wide and during the summer, only 3 ft deep. *When the (flat)
water is really shallow, I'll wear a helmet, but no PFD. *And so far, in
35+ years of paddling, I haven't fallen over in flat water unless I was
trying big pivot moves (where I rolled).

PFDs are not for the plethora of times when you don't need one, they
are for the ONE time when you DO need them!

And in that one time a PFD can save your life. To me,. that's worth
nipple burn! (Or I just wear a light synthetic shirt!)

John Kuthe...