Courtney Thomas Courtney Thomas is offline

Default knots that'll stay tied using poly rope ?

Jack Dale wrote:
Poly rope, because it floats, is great for stern lines which are needed on
crowded anchorages. Rather than tying it off, we loop it though a ring or
around a rock or tree and back to a cleat on the boat.

Poly is also used for painters, in which case it is spliced to build to the
bridle.

If you do need to tie a knot, you might whip the loose ends. Cut the whip
to untie the knot.

BTW - to what purpose will you use poly line.

Jack

"Charlie Morgan" wrote in message
On Sun, 14 Jan 2007 13:10:35 -0500, Courtney Thomas
wrote:

What is the best knot that not only will stay tied but is easy to untie
and where can I find an example of how to tie it, please ?

Thank you,
Courtney

Replace the poly rope with something reasonably decent. Poly does not hold
knots, and deteriorates quickly when exposed to the elements. It DOES
float,
which is helpful for some light duty uses, but the junctions need to held
be
secured with more than just a knot.

CWM

Thanks for the interest of all.

The immediate use is to tie a tarp down so you see my concern about it
staying tied and being easily untied, I was given 600' of 3/8" and other
than dinghy painter have no other use for it, so am going to use it to
secure the tarp.

I'll whip the ends with electrical tape but what particular knot would
you use, given my application ?

Gratefully,
Courtney