joe smith joe smith is offline

Default finding Mariner engine year from serial number

I have an old (I think 80s) 2hp Mariner motor for pushing around my
dink. I'm trying to ID the year so that I can get the right carb rebuild
kit. Our local parts place could identify the motor with the software
they have? I thought this was weird since the place I used to use for
OMC parts could tell me all about the motor using the serial number.
Could any of you gentlemen lead me in the right direction?
Thanks, MMC.