Larry Larry is offline

Default Kettle to boil water

wrote in news:OYzIg.2718$9u.47781@ursa-
nb00s0.nbnet.nb.ca:

Conversely, I should look for a better integrated inverter when I buy my
next boat.

I disagree. That's like buying a TV-Stereo-Bar with party lights. When
the FM radio dies, you have to buy another TV, which is why they no longer
make massive integrated entertainment centers. The buyers finally wised
up.

Nope, when the inverter goes, I don't want to have to buy another $1800
battery charger. Keep them separate. Our 1KW inverter came from the main
chandler, Radio Shack, on sale. It was so cheap I can't afford to fix it
when it finally gives up living in the bilge with the Perkins. I pulled
the control panel off it and soldered a pair of wires to its little power
switch. I ran the wires to the NAV station where I put a tiny little
miniswitch in handy reach, next to a neon indicator light that runs off the
AC power it produces so I can see 1) it's on and producing power and 2) the
light looks about the right brightness and is stable, an indication of the
power condition coming out of it before I plug something expensive-to-
repair into it. Works great....CHEAP!

Spending $2K on some fancy charger/inverter makes my hiney burn....(c;

--
There's amazing intelligence in the Universe.
You can tell because none of them ever called Earth.