Default Kettle to boil water

The Sunbeam Hot Shot - $20 appears to offer good result as a low cost.
What I will have to do is to install an inverter. At this time, all I have
is a low cost 150 watts output inverter purchased at Canadian Tires.
Conversely, I should look for a better integrated inverter when I buy my
next boat.

"Larry" wrote in message
wrote in
:

I wonder what would be the best and most economical kettle to use to
boil water while cruising.
For year I have used an aluminium enclosed kettle with a whilst on a
Origo non pressurized alcohol stove.
I did not any better ( and still do) and was satisfy with the time to
bring water to a boil, the pouring and the filling.
Today I am looking at propane and the purchase of a new kettle and I
wonder what would be the best buy?
On a long cruise/crossing the more time it takes to bring water to a
boil means more propane.

http://tinyurl.com/kepnp

Sunbeam Hot Shot - $20. Makes 16 oz of boiling water in 1 minute and 20
seconds off the 1KW inverter, just right for hot drinks. Its
construction makes it easy to bungee to the bulkhead near the sink on a
semi-permanent basis. Uses 850 watts/13V=65A x .0222hrs = 1.45AH. Just
like the microwave heating a sandwich, it uses almost no battery power at
all between charging cycles. Propane usage = ZERO. No hauling gas for
it down that long dock.

Oh, that little bugger makes wonderful instant coffee for the
midwatch....(c;

The tank is aluminum and the tight fitting cover will keep the water from
slopping out AFTER you get it loaded. At sea, we leave it in the sink.
The electrics and heater are all, unlike a coffee pot, in the TOP of it
so leaving it in the sink for a fast fillup that may spill into the sink
is fine. As you are going to empty it every time you use it, unlike a
kettle with water left in it sliding around on the stove, it's no hazard
just sitting there. It weighs lots less than the empty kettle and stores
vertically in minimal space.

--
There's amazing intelligence in the Universe.
You can tell because none of them ever called Earth.