Harry Krause

Default Living on a boat: winter??

sergem wrote:
Hi folks, hope someone can answer my question!

Last week I talked to someone who told me they lived on a sailboat
year round! I found this an interesting concept, especially being a
bachelor.

I'm entertaining this idea but I have a few questions:

1. I would be interested in a powered boat.. like a cruiser or
something w/ cabin. My understanding is that most of these have a
fiberglass hull.. what would happen in a Canadian Winter when the boat
is docked.. would it be damaged? He mentionned an "agitator" or
something?

2. Is this even possible? The boat would remain dock 99% of the time..
it would be treated as a floating bachelor apartment basicly.

Any advice / input greatly appreciated!

Thanks,

Serge
Toronto, Ontario

Most boats are not insulated and make lousy winter quarters, especially
where there is a real winter. In Washington, D.C., where the winters are
mild compared to Ontario, there are some liveaboards on the waterfront.
It's a hard life.

--
* * *
email sent to will *never* get to me.