posted to rec.boats.building
Bob

Default Putty: Crawford's or Dolphinite?

Hi:

I think it is time to step into the 21st century.

I had a can of Dolphinite on the kitchen counter a few months ago. Its
good stuff for specific applications. My 18 yo daughter noticed it and
started give me an envionmental rant about eating Dolphins! I agreed
with her and explained the cute dolphin on the label was a trademark.

But back to sealant/adheasives. I would use other sealants other than
Dolphinite for bedding window frames. Same with desch hardware. Just
finished installing 6 lexan deadlights and two NFM portlights. The idea
is to have a minimum of 1/8" of goo to cure then torque it down.
Perfect killer custom seal. With the perminate soft stuff it just
squishes out.. No formed gasket then.

Go with the modern stuff. I like it.

Bob