Default Are Two Spark Plugs Compatible?

I usually play it safe and go with the plugs recommended in the
manual...or any replacements recommended by the dealer. Who knows...the
PO of your boat may have picked up the current plugs by mistake.
Yes, I would replace both/all plugs at once. Start fresh for next spring.

This was exactly what the salesman in a marine supply store suggested.

But if the new version only affects the radio frequency and doesn't
affect anything in the motor. I will just leave it alone. Anyway, I
will see how it goes when I add a VHF radio to the boat. At that time
I will tell the difference before/after adding the old version if spark
plug into the motor.

Jay Chan