Keith

Default Clogged fuel tank vent

Chock up some SS cable in your drill and roto-rooter it out. Obviously pick
a cable size that will bend enough to get through there and run the drill in
the proper direction so it won't unwind the cable.

"Roy G. Biv" wrote in message
om...
(Steven Shelikoff) wrote in message ...
Anyone have any tried and true tricks for unclogging a completely
blocked diesel fuel tank vent?

I had a diesel fuel vent clog once on my W27, the mesh on the vent
itself had eroded away and what we call a "mud dauber" (wasp?) made
its nest in there, at most a couple inches in from the hull fittng.
best to remove the hose so debris cant work its way back to the tank,
I don't remember what I used for a ram rod but I broke up the nest and
replaced the screen in the vent end of problem